Saturday, July 28, 2007

 

Giving is the Key

What a good trip and a wonderful at one too.
I just came back from MAKNA which is the national cancer society which was situated in KL,(Jalan Ampang, behind Holiday Villa if anybody interested). MAKNA not only supports cancer patients but also unfortunate ones. I went to the HQ not knowing what to expect...with my 3 yr old son and ended up having lots of fun with my son too. I came as a volunteer helping what ever I can do and Adam helped too with envelopes and putting pencil box in the plastics with books.(He did not asked for the stuff in the pencil box either!!) I was so proud of him. The other group was doing patch work but I'm not really the sewing type...besides they did not have enough sewing machine(I know excuses right?). Thinking of doing one project with my company...see how it goes

We then went HUKM, one of the hospitals in KL to learn the basic nursing care...I think we should at least learn to physically help them too. Great experience and learned how to change sheets, bathing the patients. I was a bit surprise to see not many patients.
I used to do a lot of stuff when I was in college and a lot of them slowed down when I started work and have kids. Just thinking when I read Mike Litman's Conversation with Millionaires about helping others and giving to others. I realize that I don't give enough money wise and especially efforts. One step at a time. Hopefully I can sustain.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]